Baumatic - Because your time is precious
- EN - Baume & Mercier - image Baumatic
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10399-SoldatBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10399 steel leather
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10398-SoldatBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10398 steel leather front
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10398-BackBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10398 steel leather back
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10400-BackBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10400 steel
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10399_Back_1623096Baume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10399 steel leather
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10400-HTBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10400 steel Hight Touch
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10401-HighTouchBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10401 18K steel, leather and red gold High Touch
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10436-HTBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic COSC 10436 steel leather
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10398-HighTouchBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10398 steel leather High Touch
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10401-SoldatBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10401 18K steel, leather and red gold
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10400-SoldatBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10400 steel
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10401-BackBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic 10401 18K steel, leather and red gold
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-10436-SoldatBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic COSC 10436 steel leather
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND - OCTOBER 1, 2018
Because your time is precious
The Clifton BaumaticTM is the first watch by Baume & Mercier equipped with an in-house mechanical movement featuring new materials and very innovative concepts.
As a result of the brand’s 188-year watchmaking expertise– and five years of research and development –, the BaumaticTM was designed to meet the needs of modern life. Your life, today.
A mechanical watch always winds down at some point. Some must be rewound after 40 hours of use, others after 70 hours. The Clifton BaumaticTM is stronger, and its power reserve lasts much, much longer. Through the optimization of its barrel, escapement and hairspring, it offers no fewer than five full days, or 120 hours, of power reserve.
Mechanical watches can fall behind. A few seconds here, a few minutes there... It quickly becomes inaccurate and inefficient. Luckily, the Clifton BaumaticTM is incredibly punctual. Its new hairspring works together with its variable-inertia balance wheel to guarantee a precision of -4 to +6 seconds per day. This enables the Clifton BaumaticTM to meet the very exacting standards of the Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres (Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute, or COSC).
Is your telephone protected by a magnetic case? Is your sports bag equipped with a magnetic zipper? Now, there is no need to worry. Thanks to the use of silicon and non-ferromagnetic elements in two of the sensitive components of the movement – the regulating organ and the escapement system –, the Clifton BaumaticTM offers a magnetic resistance twenty-five times higher than the current standard. Now, you can use your phone without a glitch. And feel free to break a sweat.
Precious things require maintenance, and watches are no exception. The components of a movement naturally wear down through friction. The solution? The use of lubrication oils. Those used in the BaumaticTM caliber are the result of years of research, and they offer the very best performances. In concrete terms, they make it possible to have maintenance services performed much less frequently than the usually recommended five-year period. Because your time, too, is precious.