Novelties 2019 - Clifton Baumatic
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND – September, 11th 2019
CLIFTON BAUMATIC: masculine elegance
The Clifton Baumatic combines understated elegance and technical reliability, thanks to the latest generation of the Baumatic calibre - the BM13 - certified by the COSC (Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute) and resistant to the magnetic fields encountered in daily life. The Clifton Baumatic is the essential companion for aesthetes with assertive tastes in perpetual pursuit of performance and innovation.
SLEEK AND CHIC LINES
A stylish must-have, the Clifton Baumatic is available in an elegant array of refined materials and colours. Its perfectly proportioned round case is made of 18-carat pink gold or polished/satin-finished steel. Its clear display is topped by an anti-glare scratch-resistant domed sapphire crystal for enhanced readability. On the case back, the finely decorated movement and oscillating weight are visible through the sapphire crystal.
The pink gold model features a “warm white” porcelain-type finish dial with gilt index and hands, contrasted by a black alligator strap;
while the steel version reveals a gradated blue dial on an integrated steel bracelet or black alligator leather strap.
SUBTLE AND ELEGANT DETAILS
Whether light or dark, with a porcelain-type effect or a subtle gradation from blue to black, the dial is adorned with riveted faceted trapezoid-shaped index, slim alpha hands and an oversized date aperture discreetly located at 3 o'clock. Anthracite or white, depending on the model, the minute track and the central focal point symbolising COSC certification enhance this harmonious display.
The case back, attached with four screws and topped with a domed sapphire crystal, also reveals the calibre's fine workmanship: an automatic, modern movement with carefully crafted traditional finishes - circular graining, sandblasting, snailing or even Côtes de Genève - on the plate, bridges and on the open-worked steel- or gold-toned tungsten oscillating weight. The lyre shaped like the Phi character at the heart of the movement symbolises Baume & Mercier's balance, harmony of proportions and quest for perfection.
The five-row bracelet in polished/satin-finished steel secured by a triple folding clasp with push-pieces adds a final touch of comfort and convenience.
The new models in the Clifton Baumatic Collection express Baume & Mercier's commitment to customer expectations without compromising on quality.
Quality, reliability and performance
The new Clifton Baumatic watches are equipped with the Baumatic BM13 calibre. This mechanical self-winding movement offers innovative features that are adapted to contemporary needs.
- Power reserve: 120 hours, or five days (compared to an average of 40-70 hours). This means that the watch does not have to be wound from one weekend to the next.
- Antimagnetism: resistance to the magnetic fields encountered in daily life - which may cause disruption or result in a movement suddenly stopping. This is an essential feature in a world where magnetic forces in phones, tablets and even the simple magnets of handbag clasps are present.
- Chronometric accuracy: COSC certification with a variation of -4 to +6 seconds per day (compared to 20-30 seconds usually requiring a reset to regular time).
- Reliability: maintenance service every seven years (compared to the standard three to five years).
Clifton Baumatic adorns the wrists of fine watchmaking aficionados with style and character, without compromising on quality.
Clifton Baumatic white dial, gold bezel, COSC certified: 10469 - available in October 2019
Clifton Baumatic blue dial, steel bracelet, COSC certified: 10468 - available in October 2019
Clifton Baumatic blue dial, alligator strap, COSC certified: 10467 - available in October 2019
- Baume&Mercier-Clifton Baumatic COSC or rouge 10469-high touchBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic COSC M0A10469
- Baume&Mercier-Clifton Baumatic COSC or rouge 10469-faceBaume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic COSC M0A10469
- Baume-et-Mercier-Clifton-Baumatic-COSC-10469_DOS_1800081Baume et Mercier Clifton Baumatic COSC M0A10469